Monday, August 02, 2004

A better view


crowd
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.

Normally, when they have a photo pit they let us be there to shoot for three songs. Tonight they said no photos from the pit at all. Too dangerous due to crowd surfing. Ultimately there were maybe three people who went over the barricade but that's it. One of them was a huge fan who was in a wheelchair. Jacoby started a "Parting of the Red Sea" as I heard it called. (also known as "The Braveheart"-- Okay, so I can be kinda geeky when it comes to the rock and roll lingo) Basically asking the audience to split into two sides and wait for his signal to slam into the giant mosh pit. The security guys took good care of him and he was safe and sound. Everyone I have ever seen go over the barricade comes out of it thrilled and exhilarated. Almost like getting that close to the band is like touching the almighty (or whatever it is you subscribe to). Don't think I'll be crowd surfing anytime soon. Ahhh, youth. Anyway, I managed to plant myself in one decent spot and stayed there while Kevin roamed. At least they had decent stage lighting for a change. The bigger bands usually do.
One last thing-- You know, I never considered myself short until I got seriously involved in shooting this kind of stuff. If you want to see more pics from this show go to http://www.empireeventscenter.com/gallery/

1 Comments:

Blogger karin said...

Charr you are crazy! Looks like you've been busy. I can't believe you got to meet Cyndi Lauper, how awesome!

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search