Monday, September 19, 2005

George Thorogood Rocks my world!

thorogood
Wow, holy cow, yikes, yippee, zow, whoop whoop, ina gada da vida, $%#@*&! Gotta tell you, I was completely blown away by the George Thorogood show at The Empire tonight. This is one of those rare times when I was (almost) glad to have to put the camera down after the first few songs because I got to just enjoy enjoy enjoy. But the real treat was that during the set he smiled at me, he winked, he pointed at me, he talked to me, he flirted, he gave me his damp towel and after a particularly thrilling few moments on guitar, crouched down just inches away from me, he reached out and deliberately touched the top of my head with his guitar. "You've been annointed" someone behind me said.
We are encouraged to live in the moment to fully appreciate our lives as they unfold. And tonight there was a moment. I was so moved by his skill, watching his fingers racing over the guitar strings, the sweat of intense energy pouring off his face, his body so close you could feel the heat, that I felt tears begin to well up in my eyes-- the sweet kind-- when you know you are witnessing something remarkable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lacubrious said...

Sounds like someone needs to get a room. hehhehe

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search