Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Fee Waybill, The Tubes


feewaybill2
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
Fee Waybill and the Tubes headlined the Boardwalk a few nights ago. What a show! Although when I mentioned The Tubes to some people they mostly looked at me like it was impossible, but I assure you, they tour, they are great and yes, they are not spring chickens!
These are great musicians and Fee has honed this show to a fine point with multiple costume changes-- costuming ranging from a carnival barker to Quay Lewd, a tranny in heels so tall I still can't figure out how he managed to stay upright on them.
After the show I found myself near one of the bandmembers talking about the band to some of his close friends who came to visit... talking about how great they all are, what talented musicians... But the band is going downhill he said, gesturing with his hands like a plane going down. Suddenly he is aware of me and spins around with his finger pointing inches from my face-- "You didn't hear that! If you ever repeat that I will HUNT YOU DOWN! I swear I will HUNT YOU DOWN!!!" Laughter ensued, smiles all around, but somehow I don't doubt the truth of what he was telling his friends.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

how fun. I love the Tubes. I hope their tour sends them my way!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search