Saturday, November 20, 2004

Here's looking at you squid


orangefish
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
I just love this fish! He lives in the aquarium at The Sheraton in San Diego and was unbelievably friendly! Whenever I brought the camera up to the glass he swam right over. I think I'll pay him another visit!
I was there for a huge meeting for one of my big clients. Hundreds of people in attendance, some at the podium but mainly people in chairs at tables in one GIANT dimly lit room talking about resolutions and amendments and two-word changes in policy documents. What a challenge making interesting pictures out of that! But there were some gems along the way... ;) The hard part was barely seeing the light of day for days. Each morning I could look out my hotel room window and see the seagulls and the morning fog surrounding the palm trees, breathe in the fresh sea air. But then it's off again to the GIANT dimly lit room... That's when I could most appreciate the life of this fish in his fish tank... in a box, on display, wandering the environment. That was me with my cameras, vividly on display, walking the room to and fro snapping and flashing away at everyone who spoke, trying to get that telling shot that would make the client happy.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog. Nice fishy-photos!

What a challenge making interesting pictures out of that!No doubt! The lighting in that room was terrible! I've seen what you can do, though - if anyone can pull it off, you can.

How did they turn out?

- m y k

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search