Thursday, February 17, 2005

Aaron Stern, Matchbook Romance


Aaron
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
As I walked across The Boardwalk stage to take my place next to the drum set a guys voice rings out "TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!" I shoulda flashed him!
I was there covering the Epitaph tour last weekend for Your Music Magazine-- Photos and text-- and after interviewing the darling Matchbook Romance drummer Aaron Stern it turns out he needed some photos of himself for his drumstick sponsorship and I readily obliged. But the only way to get the shots he really wanted was to be near him on stage while they were performing and Tex the tour manager made it happen for me! I LOVE THAT! Oh, it was so weird walking across that stage with the sold out house all watching thinking the show as about to start but it's just me...
So, I get in the corner spot and there is no way I can leave the stage gracefully once I'm there because I'm blocked in by some giant wood thing so I spent the entire set on stage with these guys. Talk about access! And I never did take my shirt off... ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Trish said...

What a great shot, Charr! I'm positively green with envy over your job. That's what I need to be doing!

2:51 AM  
Blogger karin said...

coolio!

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search