Thursday, September 29, 2005

Queens of the Stone Age, NIN

qosa5238
(Right off the bat-- this photo is from the Queens of the Stone Age Show at the Empire a couple months back and not of them opening up for Nine Inch Nails last night.)
A memorable moment from last night was when the QOTSA lead singer Joshua Homme stopped the band mid-song to unleash a neverending fiendish barrage of obsenities at one stinker in the crowd he saw fighting. Okay, maybe 98% of the arena audience didn't blink an eye when it happened but my jaw dropped, I burst out laughing, incredulous. I'm still wishing I had a pad and pen in hand.
Did not get a photo pass, boo hoo. It was a tough one too because the stage lighting was at times really striking. In my head I'm saying "There's a picture, ooh! Damn! There's another one, oooh, UGH!" On and on and on.
Trent Reznor (looking super good) and the entire Nine Inch Nails bunch were amazing and they put on a helluva show, all would agree. I have it on good authority though that the sound was bad if you were in seats, but great if you were on the floor. I was in both places and just remember it being loud enough to make me feel it hours afterwards and wishing I had remembered to keep ear plugs in my purse. But luckily in my purse were my binoculars! And through them I watched the guitarist kicking and whirling like a crazed maniac so full throttle it was truly awe inspiring... until he got himself caught up in the cords, fell into the drum set, taking half of it out, tumbling down and down across the side of the stage till he landed on his butt and had to be helped up. Meanwhile a roadie is scrambling to get the drumset back together while the drummer played as if nothing had happened. Just another night on stage! :)
So I'm thinking if they can make cordless phones, cordless microphones, wireless computers that can let you chat with London at any local Starbucks then why can't they do the same for the musical instruments? Hmmmmm.....

4 Comments:

Blogger Supersport said...

Cool, I'm seeing NIN and QOTSA October 8th here in Detroit. It'll be the 3rd time I've seen NIN, still ranks as one of my favorite bands. His lyrics are just so damn powerful!

8:15 PM  
Blogger Lacubrious said...

they do have cordless guitar stuff. I guess he just wasn't into it. It's not like NIN can't afford it.

10:11 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Charr, I wish I wish I wish I were you.

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! Thank you for this.

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search