Sunday, April 17, 2005

Don't mean to brag but...


standingroomonly
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
I thought I was going to drop the phone when the person on the other line told me I won the Grand Award in the Premier category of the WPPI Awards of Excellence competition-- for this photo-- previously a topic of grand serendipity right here on this blog! It's an international competition, hundreds of entries by top photographers.
Yowza. Then I found out what the prize is... a $2000 gift certificate for photo stuff! Aw yeah!
Oh, and also received a Kodak Award of Distinction for having the second highest number of points scored in the entire competition. They sent me a gorgeous etched crystal trophy, now residing with pride on a tabletop in my office. I shot this photo while covering the Warped Tour last year for eMusiConnect.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats my dear... You are deserving of all the KUDOS you can get, Cant wait to see the Crystal...

4:08 AM  
Blogger Gary Roberts said...

Congratulations, that is fantastic. And if your buying F2.8L's put me down for a 70-200.

Well a boy can dream can't he.

great work. keep it up.

1:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! That picture really kicks ass. Isn't it funny how something as simple as a silly little picture can get so much attention and stir up so many cool props from all sorts of people? You rock.

9:36 PM  
Blogger Cori said...

Charr! WooooHoooo! What wonderful news! YES!!!!!!!!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Cogratulations, Charr! The award is definitely deserved.

4:01 AM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Congratulations. I'm just passing by. Your work is so great. Really enjoyed your blog too.

9:08 PM  
Blogger -G.D. said...

Congratulations. I'm just passing by. Your work is so great. Really enjoyed your blog too.

9:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search