Saturday, March 26, 2005

Used and Abused, the hardcore realities


colonialcrowd
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
It's often a hazard to your health to attend a hardcore show and last night's show at the Colonial Theatre on Stockton was one to be remembered. When you look back it's a war story, with wounded on the battlefield... me. Not badly wounded but add one more to the list of injuries I've endured while on assignment over the years. All headaches aside the real damage was done to one of my camera lenses while shooting Unearth and a young guy came surfing over the rail and fell right onto me ripping the lens and mount right off my camera then followed that with a hard kick to my head, which not only pissed me off but slightly disoriented me. Thankfully it was the very last 30 seconds of the song so I hightailed it away for a much needed break from the insanity. I went back in for the headliner because I am made of hearty stock and you gotta be in it to capture it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Gary Roberts said...

Ouch, though I am not sure what would hurt me more (boot the head or the visual of my lens finding the ground.)

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super work performed.

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search