Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Let there be Cake!


John McCrae, Cake
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
One of Sacramento's most well known bands, Cake, performed a Katrina Relief benefit last night at the Empire to a sold out crowd. Founding member and frontman John McCrae stands under the twinkling lights of a disco ball hung above the stage.
They have such an original sound too and I think they defy selecting a genre, though they are probably considered alternative rock. McCrae plays guitar and a funny instrument called a vibraslap. The first time I saw them live was in the very early 90's and what I remember most was a wonderful and unexpected cover of an old Doris Day song, " Perhaps Perhaps Perhaps".

4 Comments:

Blogger Devin said...

This is the FOURTH time I've missed them here is Sacramento! I always find out about it the day after. I wouldn't be as made if I hadn't just been sitting around on the couch that night.....

9:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Freddie wuz here.

12:33 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

Cake was the first band I took my son to see in concert. I love those guys!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Lacubrious said...

word, me likey the cake

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search