Monday, February 21, 2005

Much more than Diddly Squat


Diddly Squat
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
Diddly Squat was the opening band for the Call Me Ishmael CD release show at Old Ironsides Saturday night. I'd heard about them, even visited their website. I was not prepared for the show, which I admit I loved though it was one of those things you watch wondering how you came to be there. But at some moment I looked off to the side and saw a girl watching them with a look of utter disbelief, her jaw slack, her eyes intensely on them and I knew we were of the same mind. As I studied her expression she must have felt me looking because she suddenly snapped out of it and looked right at me. A huge smile spread across her face, I nodded and mouthed the words "I know" and then we both began laughing so hard right in the middle of the whole thing. It was a great little moment. And Diddly Squat put on a very entertaining show. There was a bit of the Talking Heads/David Byrne quirkiness, a smidgeon of David Bowie in the very early days and incredible youthful vigor, which even included some rolling around on the floor by the lead singer. Check these guys out. Lots of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search