Wednesday, November 30, 2005

I really felt it tonight


fbi3159
Originally uploaded by Charrmer.
I shot publicity pics for a great local band called FBI, aka Formerly Blues Incorporated. We had loads of fun and this is one of the individual shots I did. As I worked with each of the six members of this group I was struck each time at how interesting they all were, how different too. Each person seemed so relaxed and it felt almost effortless to make artistic yet telling images of each one of them.
There is something about shooting portraits for me that transcends all things. I don't know if it's all the years as a photojournalist but I am always awed by the dramatic differences that people bring to a sitting. I watch in wonder through my lens as I see something like a fingerprint-- it's a fleeting spirit that is right there in front of me, invisible but so vivid too! I see it in each person I work with. A gesture, a glance, the tiniest movement that speaks their individuality and that's what I seek to capture, endlessly amazed by it. It's why I love photographing people more than anything else in the world. Nothing inspires me more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search