Friday, December 16, 2005

Oh My My, Oh Hell Yeah

KeithUrban
It's doubtful that there's a person on this beautiful earth who would call me a country fan. In fact I may own four country classic CD's in all but there is a new country today and things are changing!
Keith Urban played Arco Arena last night emerging from a cloud of smoke with a killer smile and an amazing band to put on a show with a little bit of this, a little bit of that and a definite rocker influence. There was a guitar cam, some good sing-a-longs and Urban even did some great covers of bands like Aerosmith, U2 and Sir Paul McCartney.
Then the theatrics, oh my my... Sitting on a small platform placed in the crowd Urban performed alone, the band still on stage. The visual of him lit by a cool spotlight and the thousands of people surrounding bathed in warm light cheering was just absolutely gorgeous.
When it was time to go back to the stage he went flying through the air Bon Jovi style and I think my eyes were ten feet wide just taking it all in, mesmerized and thrilled like any other giddy audience member. Even as I sat there I felt a wave of gladness that I haven't become jaded by all the crazy things I have seen because this is what concert going is all about-- the quest to be entertained, to have a little greatness rub off on you just by being in the room and to feel so good when you leave you're a little sorry it's all over. Note to self, must make trip to Tower today... :)

Check out the photo gallery at eMusiConnect. Urban and Deanna Carter pics are up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search